ACLU: Over the past school year, a number of state legislatures considered measures that would make it easier for public schools to introduce creationist beliefs and materials into science classrooms. And with every critical defeat, the creationism movement simply regroups and maps out yet another scheme to undermine evolution education in the public schools. Even if they are deserving of no other compliment, creationism advocates must be acknowledged for their persistence. They’re in it for the long haul, so we must be, too.
- Posted: 06/27/2013
- Category: Religious Liberty
- Source: www.aclu.org
- Tags: Category: Religious Liberty, Group: American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), State: Florida, State: Kansas, State: Kentucky, State: Ohio, Topic: Education, Topic: Evolution
Topeka Capital-Journal: Citing a first-of-its-kind Kansas Supreme Court ruling made Friday, Topekan Angela Bauer on Wednesday sought the right to intervene in a case in which the state contends sperm donor William Marotta is legally the father of the daughter born to her former lesbian partner, Jennifer Schreiner.
- Posted: 02/28/2013
- Category: Featured
- Source: cjonline.com
- Tags: Category: Featured, Category: Sanctity of Life, State: Kansas, Topic: Bioethics, Topic: Custody, Topic: Homosexual Agenda, Topic: IVF, Topic: Parental Rights, Topic: Surrogacy
LifeNews: A formal complaint has been filed with the City of Wichita against Julie Burkhart and two associated business entities, which presents evidence that remodeling and other work is taking place illegally at a proposed new abortion clinic in Wichita without the proper permits. The complaint requests that an infraction notice be filed and a cease and desist order be issued to halt all construction at the building.
- Posted: 01/17/2013
- Category: Sanctity of Life
- Source: www.lifenews.com
- Tags: Category: Sanctity of Life, State: Kansas, Topic: Abortion
Life Legal Defense Foundation Executive Director Dana Cody and Legal Counsel Tom Condit will be available for media interviews immediately following former Kansas Attorney General Phill Kline’s oral arguments before the Kansas Supreme Court this Thursday. Representing the Kansas Bar, Stanton Hazlett has accused Mr. Kline of ten violations of the Kansas Rules of Professional Conduct in relation to Mr. Kline’s criminal investigation of abortion providers Planned Parenthood and the late Dr. George Tiller.
- Posted: 11/15/2012
- Category: Bench & Bar
- Tags: Category: Bench and Bar, Category: Sanctity of Life, Group: Life Legal Defense Foundation, State: Kansas